In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A schoolboy was today behind bars for subjecting a family to a campaign of terror and intimidation.
- Threats and intimidations notwithstanding, the twin cities came alive with youngsters presenting themselves in all dazzling colours - clothes, bikes, and of course partners.
- Otherwise intimidations or harassments follows and you simply cannot win a government contract without political affiliation or patronization.
- We are more often than not the victims of rape, violence, threats and intimidation.
- Confidence in the strength of their ideas will give people the will to stand up to the threats and intimidation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.