In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(toward people, ideas)intolerancia feminineintransigencia feminineracial/religious intolerance — intolerancia racial/religiosa
- Some theorists expect that the same forces may also drive space colonization, as religious intolerance has not been eliminated in the centuries since these events.
- People are killing each other because of bigotry, fanaticism and prejudice, so why are we adding to the burden of intolerance?
- He can be sure that when he does, someone will accuse him of intolerance.
- It is a Muslim society that challenges stereotypes of Muslim puritanism, narrowness, and intolerance.
- But, how could this be done without revisiting the World War I experience of oppressive intolerance?
- He beckoned us to be more understanding and tolerant, at a time when intolerance abounded.
- These kinds of inappropriate statements only create more religious hatred, intolerance, discrimination and racism against Muslims.
- By reaching out and protecting each other from intolerance and injustice, we hope to forge a better future for our children.
- And, that issue aside, it is not intolerance to argue against opinions you think are wrong.
- Only that link can effect the enormous changes needed and thwart the dark forces of intolerance that today threaten the fragile freedoms of the South.
- Indeed, while the evidence is thin, it suggests that evangelical schools promote higher levels of civic engagement but also greater intolerance.
- The implication is that this is needless suffering or, even worse, suffering caused by human beings with their dogmatic religious intolerance.
- This project introduces children to difficult issues such as racism and intolerance in our society.
- They are supposed to have been the epitome of self-righteousness and intolerance, a black stain on the history of the Catholic Church in particular and Western civilization in general.
- Only that way can both adherents and innocents alike learn the wages of allowing their country to be hijacked by agents of intolerance.
- Who is going to help the victims of religious intolerance in Britain's immigrant communities?
- From the opening games, spectators and the general public have understood the message that racism, intolerance and discrimination have no place in the game.
- In their declaration, participants condemned all organisations and individuals promoting hatred or acts of racism, xenophobia, discrimination or intolerance.
- This aggressive new strain of right-wing religious zealotry is actually a throwback to the intolerance that led to the creation of America in the first place.
- But such condemnation of violence and intolerance on campus is rarely backed up by facts and figures.
2Biology Medicineintolerancia feminineintolerance of anesthetics — intolerancia a la anestesia
- This insulin suppression testing was intended to identify the one third of the population who were most insulin resistant and most likely to develop glucose intolerance and cardiovascular disease.
- Of these, how many have been seen by a gastroenterologist before being labelled, and how many have had lactose intolerance excluded?
- If you fail all the allergy tests, than a food intolerance is probably to blame.
- An increased sensitivity or intolerance to certain foods, may also contribute.
- The replacement of milk with yogurt or fermented dairy products may allow for better digestion and decreased diarrhea and other symptoms associated with lactose intolerance.
- The simplest (and cheapest) way to test your child for food intolerance is to remove the food from their diet for at least five days.
- Long-term intolerance, undiagnosed, can cause serious health problems.
- Adults from Eastern countries have, for genetic reasons, much lower levels of lactase, and so lactose intolerance, rather than milk intolerance is really the normal state.
- People with coeliac disease have an intolerance to gluten.
- It transpired that the child had weak bones caused by scurvy and certain dietary intolerances.
- There is a difference between wheat/gluten allergy (celiac disease) and wheat intolerance, but the foods we avoid are the same.
- No correlation of fasting glucose with birth weight was noted and there was a positive trend of glucose intolerance with increasing weight.
- Consult with an allergist to pinpoint true food allergies and intolerances.
- Fructose intolerance involves several non-specific symptoms such as bloating, abdominal pain and tension, gas, excess belching, and diarrhea.
- The campaign is to raise awareness of the problems associated with cow's milk intolerance.
- A health practitioner should deal with wheat allergy or wheat intolerance, whether the allergy is manifested with products containing white flour or with products containing whole grain wheat.
- A fasting or elimination test can be performed to determine if diarrhea is caused by a food allergy or intolerance.
- In this process the human proteins are inactivated and agglomerates are formed which may be the cause of the observed intolerance to the injection solutions.
- We have continued to try and treat a variety of the problems that we see in these patients, one being the orthostatic intolerance.
- The most common food intolerances are wheat or gluten, dairy, corn, soy, eggs and peanuts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.