In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The play of light through the space has overtones of spirituality and introspection.
- It is here that meditation leads to introspection, foundation for humane thinking.
- The transitoriness of life, introspection and spiritual pursuits, are his eternal themes.
- Both sang with a great deal of quiet, agonising introspection.
- From the internal viewpoint of introspection, mental reality is composed of sensations and images.
- Consider introspection, one's awareness of one's own conscious states.
- In a way, it actually sets the stage for her thoughtful introspection that follows throughout the rest of the album.
- A certain amount of seclusion for contemplation and introspection might be beneficial.
- Establish a comfort zone with the child before you ask for quiet observation or introspection.
- They hate their own company and find introspection morbid and depressing.
- The problem is that men tend to heal in private, through introspection and quiet thinking.
- I enjoy brisk walks, and try to use the time for creative introspection and meditation.
- There are passages of quiet contemplation and introspection that belie any sense of terror.
- But I also know that such behaviour can lead to self-obsession and undue introspection.
- All this promotes attention, and makes introspection difficult, which is rather the point.
- I treat life as a dance if I can; an interplay between quiet introspection and head on participation.
- Wendy nodded her acknowledgement and continued her silent introspection at the table.
- Then red is replaced by green, introspection by attention, and we pull off.
- Working at the last minute involves a bit of introspection coupled with strict scheduling.
- I tried to write it in a way that showed that it brought about a spot of introspection and self-analysis on my part.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.