In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At school age they become cautious, quiet and introverted.
- I'm much more introverted and reflective, quieter really.
- This work connected the introverted poet with a new and surprisingly outer-directed passion that would affect many lives.
- For example, in any group of people some may be reserved and introverted, while others may be extremely boisterous and extroverted.
- He's a quiet, introverted type who hasn't ever begun a Relationship Conversation with me, so I'm pretty sure that it's up to me to get the ball rolling.
- It's funny to see a quiet and introverted practice like mediation as potentially revolutionary, but I think it can be, if it lead you to question your received ideas and attitudes.
- Though somewhat shy and introverted, you possess a quiet depth and your goodness radiates.
- The singer's compelling, pensive and introverted lyrics were delivered with an unusual diffidence from a band enjoying their level of success.
- We tend to just be all introverted and quiet around each other and then pine for the missed intellectual discourse we could have had.
- Luke had become an introverted, timid, and overly cautious lover.
- At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary and reserved.
- The introverted Minnesotan in me began to panic.
- Children experiencing high control but low cohesion have been found to be more introverted and depressed.
- He's so quiet and introverted, but Kay, I like him so much!
- Type-A were considered introverted perfectionists while type-AB were an unpredictable, distant lot.
- An introverted infant will remain introverted for life, suggests recent research.
- Some evidence suggests that individuals susceptible to mistaken memories are significantly more dissociative, introverted, and more imaginative than those not susceptible.
- Confucian culture has had a strong influence on sex roles, producing the stern and extroverted male, and the loving, introverted, and submissive female.
- Television is full of people like me, introverted egomaniacs.
- I think, all evidence to the contrary, she was pleasantly surprised when I turned out to be a studious, introverted, bashful child.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.