In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At worst, television advertising is irritating, but rarely intrusive…
- Journalism is inherently intrusive and invasive.
- Without some intrusive interventions to disrupt patterns of homicides, population trends alone are likely to spur some growth in murder tolls.
- First of all, there were those annoying, intrusive phone calls.
- The telephone is a relatively intrusive technology, interrupting you from what you are doing and demanding attention.
- It would give them a leg up in the intrusive, annoying advertising world - which is an unsustainable model.
- But the most intrusive questions come on departure.
- And with the average person reading up to 60 e-mails a day, this junk can easily become both intrusive and invasive.
- And don't the powers that be realize the the more annoying and intrusive the ads are, the less we're going to want to look at them?
- It is intrusive and disruptive and can have lasting effects on people.
- I myself am very low-risk, but I resent intrusive questions when they are unnecessary.
- With each intrusive question, I became more stoic and stiff.
- Hardly anyone responded, put off by either the slightly intrusive questions or perhaps my impatient demand for a quick response.
- I've been trying to find out what these questions might be; I expect them to be annoyingly intrusive.
- Her tone's informal, friendly and modest, even when she's fending off unwanted or intrusive questions - of which there prove to be several.
- The pictures are gentle in that they are not intrusive, even in intimate or chaotic moments.
- Did she not realise that the cost of being an actor is to burn forever in the limelight of intrusive media questioning?
- There would be nothing more intrusive and irritating than watching someone compulsively flick between channels at a distance (except perhaps being in the room with them as they did so).
- There are no recriminations, no judgement, no intrusive questions.
- I am satisfied that this is the least disruptive and intrusive order I can make that is consistent with the child's best interests.
1.2(reporter/questioning) impertinente(reporter/questioning) indiscreto(neighbor) entrometido
- In addition, a number of intrusive centres, lava flows and dykes crop out in the NW corner of the island (close to Cap St. Andre).
- Variably serpentinized Devonian mafic and ultramafic intrusive rocks occur in the western and northern parts of the map area.
- The early Permian rifting in the North Atlantic involved siliciclastic sedimentation in extensional basins and widespread extrusive and intrusive magmatic activity.
- The field-based studies were supplemented by thin-section petrography and whole-rock geochemistry to characterize different intrusive phases.
- The mafic sheets have not contributed at all to the felsic volcanic-derived volcaniclastic breccias, thus supporting an intrusive origin for the mafic volcanic rocks.
3Linguistics(consonant/sound) de apoyo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.