In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inventiva feminineingenio masculine
- It is done with all the skill and inventiveness of artists on the New York subway, but this is not turf warfare-this is street politics.
- She remarked on the imagination, inventiveness and creative power of Corina's work.
- This is what inventiveness and creativeness mean: with limited means creating rich and excellent ends.
- Today, his comedies are remembered for their level of artistry, inventiveness and trenchant sarcasm.
- Alliances with other individuals expose our talents and creative inventiveness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.