In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inventor masculineinventora feminine
- Sir Tim stressed that the web came about as a collaboration with inventors and developers.
- In Europe, the development of film was for the most part left in the hands of scientists, inventors and magicians.
- It was, however, for his skill and originality as an inventor that he was best known.
- If you have this device, its inventor says you can switch TVs off almost anywhere.
- Without the innovators and the inventors, we would not have any of the things that we have today.
- They will have the opportunity to develop engineering ideas and inventions and take inspiration from fellow young inventors.
- Here are a few of the major inventions and their inventors from the Twentieth Century.
- After several attempts, inventors developed the barbed wire that we know today.
- He aced in computer and science, and could make it as a scientist or even an inventor one day.
- This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!
- Let's go do it because we're a species of explorers and inventors and innovators.
- Mr James said he had always been disappointed that his innovative ancestors were not better known like other famous inventors from the past.
- It was easier to build a nation, even to invent one, than to run it in accordance with the original intentions of its inventors.
- The engineers, inventors and seafarers who built the British empire are put centre stage in this confident history.
- I gave a workshop at the home of a scientist - an inventor of sound equipment.
- It is hard to say why either of these products was produced, but my guess is that the inventors felt they needed to annoy the general public.
- Children had to have been the original inventors of beanbag chairs and soft home furnishings.
- They conjure up images of dusty old offices, arcane inventions and oddball inventors.
- One of the schemes will help women inventors and innovators to develop their ideas and skills.
- They understood something about how inventors invent and artists create new work.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.