In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(detailed examination)estudio masculineupon closer investigation — tras un examen más detenido
- This is followed by a formal report once all investigations have been completed.
- Updates will follow if further products emerge from the on-going investigations.
- The building in Sutton will be used for murder investigations and is due to open in January next year.
- It will also enable local schools and community groups to become involved in the investigations.
- His investigations have just that effect, and the trawl of weird individuals is phenomenal.
- Dean says the theft of her laptop was one of a number of unusual events that took place during her investigations.
- Two other major investigations of Glasgow City Council employees are still to be carried out.
- All I can indicate is that he is of interest to us and investigations are continuing.
- It seems that it has become a fashion to prescribe costly high tech investigations.
- They are also required to help Symantec in investigations into other counterfeiters.
- There is wild talk of inquiries and commissions of investigations in the air.
- An army spokesman would not comment, saying investigations were still going on.
- Until now the unit's investigations have not considered anyone else being involved.
- Until such time as a report on these investigations comes to hand then I will suspend judgement.
- Meanwhile, the sauna remains closed as investigations continue into how the fire broke out.
- Certainly the legal systems in some countries present obstacles to investigations.
- One of the boys concerned has been temporarily excluded pending investigations by the school.
- These are the questions at the centre of the author's tactful, patient investigations.
- That shortcoming led to the introduction of the Holmes system for major investigations.
- After all the inquiries and investigations and demonstrations, he's still there.
2(official)investigación feminineher claim is under investigation — se está estudiando su petición
- she is under investigation by the police — la policía está haciendo averiguaciones sobre ella
3(scientific)investigación femininehe was hospitalized for further investigation — lo hospitalizaron para hacerle más pruebas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.