In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1investigador(surgery/operation) exploratorio British
- Bruguire is an investigative magistrate empowered to view French domestic and foreign intelligence material.
- This means, both, higher investigative costs and higher extra costs during the trial.
- The more preliminary investigative work that we can do, the more it benefits the entire field.
- Then he'll take over as director of security firm Garda's investigative division.
- Danov proposed that the investigative services become part of the police.
- Pressure groups can appear as witnesses at the investigative hearings held by committees of Congress.
- It has been unfair at the investigative stage and it has been unfair at the trial stage, not so much the judge but the prosecutor.
- The bills include a number of offence and penalty provisions and investigative powers.
- To reach its conclusions, the investigative committee had to do a bit of digging.
- Perhaps we should look more towards the investigative systems that operate across the continent.
- The investigative personnel allege that this is consistent with international practice.
- Most of the investigative work of Congress is done through its committee system.
- Thanks to Graham's excellent investigative skills, surely their time has come?
- If an investigative committee happens to be struck when the facts speak too loudly to be silenced, it's no big deal.
- A disciplinary panel of judges would need to be established along with an investigative unit.
- He also added a detail that had been overlooked in the investigative file.
- Such draconian methods point to the shortcomings of a cumbersome investigative and judicial system.
- Satisfyingly, the audience is allowed to do the investigative work themselves.
- It was a good piece of investigative work but would it not have been better for the relevant authorities to have carried out the undercover work?
- We do need to make sure that Congress is doing its job of investigative oversight.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.