In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1Financeinversión feminineto encourage public investment — promover la inversión pública
- to encourage private investment — promover la inversión privada
- before noun investment analyst — analista de inversiones
- investment consultant — asesor de inversiones
- investment grant — subvención para la inversión
- investment income — rendimientos del capital mobiliario
- investment portfolio — cartera de valores
1.2(of time)inversión femininehe had made a big emotional investment in the relationship — había puesto mucho en la relación
- But give first before you receive, considering it an investment in later results.
- May every gift we bring be an investment in the future that you have for all people.
- This was just enough to buy a small flat in Nuneaton, through a friend, as an investment for the future.
- This survey is the result of a significant investment of time by numerous volunteers.
- Such commemoration is a worthwhile investment in terms of the extra tourist income that would be brought to London.
- Then, there was an enormous investment of time and effort in the decision over the euro.
- The readiness we have today is a result of our past investments in realistic training.
- It requires a greater investment of time, attention, and emotional energy.
- They are making investments for their own future.
- In the long run, graduates who go into high-earning jobs will still turn that into a worthwhile investment.
1.3(beneficial purchase)inversión feminine
- Maintaining and improving the outside of your home is well worth the investment and will make it more marketable.
- The band will soon be releasing a live album, which will be well worth the investment.
- That is an investment in the future and an investment that is paying off already.
- Wise buyers of contemporary Irish couture should regard their purchases as future investments.
- Louis viewed bribes as an investment which could bring future benefits to France.
- Chelsea with all their cash would see him as an investment for the future as much as anything else.
- The factors that make wine a worthwhile investment are numerous and complex.
- Even if you don't need the extra performance now, you can think of it as an investment in future gaming fun.
- Chinese oil companies are investigating major investments in Russian energy companies.
- Over the long term, shares have beaten other mainstream investments, and we expect them to continue to do so in the future.
- You can get packs of various sizes to suit all your cable management needs so they tend to be a good investment for a future quick fix.
- Future investments will be concentrated into the automotive business in order to improve its competitiveness.
- We have made big investments for the future in the Superannuation Fund and now in the savings initiatives.
- Both of these pieces of equipment were good investments for future use in ceramics classes.
- There is a steep learning curve but it becomes an investment in the future and is an inevitability.
- The expected returns of all sterling-based investments, shares included, must now be lower to account for this.
- It is worth the investment and risk of spending money upfront - not just to cover your back but to make better choices.
- Generally, we've left decisions about energy investments to private investors.
- Apart from investments, one source expected to grow is non-oil and gas exports.
- At the same time, furthering your career is one of the biggest investments you can make in your children's future.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.