1partidas invisibles feminine
- Substantial invisible earnings meant that Britain could sustain a trade deficit, the value of exports being less than imports, without experiencing a balance of payments deficit because invisibles added to exports exceeded imports.
- This data does not include software exports which are shown under invisibles.
- These misleading perceptions are not helped by data on invisibles being less timely, frequent and certain than data on visible trade.
- Our balance of payments got progressively worse and NZ started to borrow overseas to bridge the gap between our imports plus invisibles, and falling exports.
- Poor trade figures have been airily waved aside as irrelevant or of no consequence so long as oil and invisibles - investment inflows and earnings from travel, insurance and tourism - continued to boom.