In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lebrel irlandés masculine
- A moment later a Saluki, Doberman, and an Irish wolfhound were running towards her while a black mare was also coming towards her.
- Are there no more Irish wolfhounds or Basset hounds?
- Everything in and around the house was oversized, including his dog - an Irish wolfhound.
- They were nominated for the tireless care they gave to two elderly Irish wolfhounds who have undergone numerous operations for malignant growths.
- Dogs running around in the ring and being judged wasn't that interesting to Jackson, it was too far away, even though there were big, highly visible Irish wolfhounds.
- There is some good news, as the Corgi Protection Squad was more successful, with two black Labradors and an Irish wolfhound rounded up on the night.
- I agreed to go to Manchester Dogs' Home with Nicola because she wanted one and we both saw this little thing in with two huge Irish wolfhounds.
- After another moment an Irish wolfhound appeared in front of Jen.
- Any dog in that family known as sight hounds - lurchers, deerhounds, Irish wolfhounds.
- They had everything from hideous beetles to hairy tarantulas that looked as though they could give an Irish wolfhound a run for its money.
- His West Belfast funeral, which featured a mile-long cortège led by an Irish wolfhound, was one of the largest funerals seen to that date.
- Marcus is obviously too good to be true from the moment he wafts on to the set of Donna's York-based fictional soap Westfield, Irish wolfhound Murphy in tow.
- Pamela Brown is marvelous in a small role as a sort of wild woman of the heath, traipsing about with a herd of Irish wolfhounds.
- A third group includes ancestors and descendants of herding-type dogs, such as the Irish wolfhound, the collie, the greyhound, and the Saint Bernard.
- Decorated with intricate knot work, a harp and a shamrock, the emblems of the brigade, and with a bronze Irish wolfhound at the foot of the cross, it is reckoned by many to be the most beautiful memorial on the battlefield.
- Our Irish wolfhound has torn the anterior cruciate ligament in one of her hind legs, and the knee is going to require surgery.
- Affected progeny were also observed from a second outcross breeding using a clinically normal Irish wolfhound.
- ‘I like to think of him as a bit of an old dog, like an old Irish wolfhound or something,’ he laughs.
- It was then that her shaggy Irish wolfhound, Gatsby, padded over and butted her hand.
- In addition to salukis, eligible breeds are whippets, greyhounds, Afghan hounds, borzois, Ibizan hounds, pharaoh hounds, Irish wolfhounds, and Scottish deerhounds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.