In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(motif/patch) que se fija con la plancha
- Hand-tack embellishments, such as buttons, charms or iron-on appliqués, to individualize the coasters.
- You can customize a tee, hoodie, or jogging pants with cute, fuzzy iron-on bunnies, birds, cowboys, or lettering.
- I have obtained advice about using iron-on interfacing.
- Sew lengths of fabric or use iron-on hem tape to make finished strips that are 2 inches wide and 12 inches long.
- I did the whole vacation bible school thing with the kid, and I have the nifty arts, crafts, and iron-on t-shirt to prove it.
- For small holes, apply iron-on interfacing to the back before laundering.
- Create iron-on t-shirt designs and other fabric heat transfers with these tips, templates, and software.
- We all bought purple T-shirts together and used Mrs. McKinlay's extensive supplies of iron-on letters and fabric paints to put our last names on the back.
- The iron-on tape will let me use heat to stick the fabric to it, but what about the back, where the fabric would probably be two layers?
- Back a piece of 100% cotton with a sturdy iron-on interfacing.
- Please follow the manufacturer's directions for your iron-on interfacing.
- But they were all wearing red, white and blue shirts that had iron-on decals that said 1976 in a real groovy font.
- For iron-on transfers, the fabric must be able to withstand 350° to 375° heat.
- For do-it-yourselfers, the fun is in creating their own Christmas duds with fabric paints, glitter, pearls, sequins and iron-on transfers.
- They formed a ring around the record player and stood guard while one of them, a tall, lanky boy bearing a Saturday Night Fever iron-on on his t-shirt, spun record after record.
- ‘The shirts have a new design and instead of clip-on badges, officials will have iron-on badges for their uniforms,’ he said.
- Assorted paint sets are available with projects or iron-on transfers.
- Or, at least, a place where Maoloni can wear his faded iron-on t-shirt without irony.
- Use fabric paint or iron-on transfers for your inkjet printer to create an apron that is just Mom's style.
- He was wearing an iron-on logo t-shirt that had once been black, but was now grey.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.