In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tabla de planchar feminineburro de planchar masculine Mexico
- After all, sometime in the 1960s flirting went out of fashion, as did ironing boards, makeup and the idea that men needed to be ‘trapped’ or ‘landed’.
- Cheap and fireproof, it was an all-purpose insulator used to lag buildings, railway carriages, even ironing boards.
- Both the men's and women's locker rooms feature about 350 lockers as well as a couch, TV, chairs, a phone, an ironing board and an iron.
- She got out the ironing board and let the iron heat up.
- I've always wanted a decent ironing board, and I am excited about owning a food processor but the truth of the matter is that we've managed up until now with what we've got.
- Lets opens a cupboard door, taking out the ironing board, iron, bits of food processor, and other miscellaneous things.
- As I was taken up the stairs, every room I passed was filled with women who were either hunched over sowing machines or hunched over ironing boards.
- A house full of social science students doesn't guarantee any form of electronic siren set-up, so we made do with the resources available - an ironing board propped up against the front door.
- I was looking for an ironing board to iron the wrinkles out of my shirt.
- There we'd all be, doing the dishes, hanging out the laundry, or draped over the ironing board on a drizzly afternoon and in they'd steam, these hunky fellas, eyes sparkling, muscles gleaming.
- Quite often, I wait until Popsy has completely run out of any wearable pants before I reluctantly pull out the ironing board and get things creased down the centre line again.
- Place a protective cover on the ironing board, but avoid using covers with napped or raised surfaces.
- Factors which have prompted men to take to their ironing boards are said to be a general increase in male grooming and a growing number of divorced or single men living alone.
- Not for her the weekly chore of dividing herself between all her grandchildren, babysitting on Saturday nights and setting up the ironing board while she pays a quick visit.
- An old ironing board (without the cover) makes a wonderful potting bench & folds away after use.
- Trent slinked an arm around Ally's waist, rested his hand on her hip and followed her into the laundry room, where the iron was heating up on the ironing board.
- I had to struggle with the intricacies of the washing machine programmer, learn the contours of an ironing board, co-ordinate the different ingredients of a cooked meal.
- To her side is an ironing board, an iron perched on it, the face of the iron tilted toward the camera.
- Place a white paper towel both on top of the shirt and on the ironing board to protect the ironing board.
- Place your slacks parallel to the ironing board and slowly move the iron up and down, working your way over the entire wrinkled areas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.