In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He had a very short fuse and he could be totally irrational at times.
- By absurd, I do not mean silly, but absurd as is in the illogical or irrational.
- Identify and uproot irrational beliefs that lead you to place unrealistic demands on yourself.
- Power sets the guidelines by which we measure what is reasonable and what is irrational.
- I believe that the seemingly irrational logic of the national can still promote everyday alliances and popular mobilizations.
- But Delta's seemingly irrational behavior has a very logical explanation.
- Booze and cocaine corroded his sanity and left him with a legacy of irrational behaviour.
- She had never known for her daughter to be so irrational, so crazy.
- If it hadn't seemed so irrational, she would have begged him not to go.
- Home values have soared to high levels in many countries as irrational exuberance grips the markets.
- Chris smiled, sure that Seth's fears were completely irrational.
- Their hostility towards each other, however, was tangible and frequently led to quite irrational behaviour.
- Crowds and mobs are not completely irrational, but they have their own logic.
- I have an irrational dislike of cell phones.
- I am sort of notorious for my utterly irrational fears.
- Without that insight, a supplier can encounter fewer surprises by evaluating even seemingly irrational scenarios.
- The more irrational and illogical someone becomes, the more logical and incisive I become.
- Australians aren't at all used to visceral and irrational hatred directed at them.
- Solutions that would seem logical to us would seem totally irrational to them.
- The author of the piece argues that our attitude towards it is mostly irrational prejudice.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.