In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Is the user expected to open the files irregardless of warnings?
- Use words correctly, irregardless of how others use them.
- This bill will give all couples the same legal rights irregardless of their sexual orientation or marital status.
- The recommendation is to treat, to ensure patient comfort irregardless of the proper diagnosis being made.
- And if you do that, then irregardless of who wins, you've done your civic duty.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.