In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But since this was such a high profile case, the judge did not want to seem irresponsible.
- Call him irresponsible if you want, but Charlie Ford is going to ride around.
- I consider this crop circle story an example of very irresponsible reporting.
- But I do believe it was a little irresponsible on our part.
- Again, it must be associated with abnormally aggressive or seriously irresponsible conduct.
- Professor Coates's critics have called him irresponsible for declaring his personal decision.
- But what the BJP is doing now is totally irresponsible behaviour.
- Perhaps they could be put to work decorating old buildings reclaimed from irresponsible owners.
- The letters and calls that hit the paper complained of irresponsible journalism.
- By contrast, socially irresponsible companies will gradually be abandoned and lose orders as well.
- Of course they can be dangerous if used by criminals or the criminally irresponsible.
- The intention of the opposition parties to boycott the poll is irresponsible in the extreme.
- Card firms should stop sending unsolicited credit-card cheques to cardholders, which MPs regard as wholly irresponsible lending.
- We are appalled at the irresponsible attitude you have displayed in condoning such anti-social behaviour.
- "That's an instance of irresponsible behaviour by the management of a pub.
- I think they are evading their responsibility in a grossly irresponsible way.
- To have conducted the investigation in any other manner would have been grossly irresponsible.
- What is being negated, in a totally irresponsible manner, is the uniqueness of the atomic bomb.
- "The judge called us highly irresponsible and if I was in his position I would have done the same.
- And additional spending of that nature is seen to be fiscally irresponsible.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.