In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1irreverencia femininefalta de respeto feminine
- And yet there's the childlike irreverence at times, the giggles, the non sequiturs, the references to such inane activities as shopping.
- She can then begin to rewrite them, with a twist, with humour, with irreverence, with blasphemy even.
- But you know it will all return, with more intensity, more wickedness and more irreverence - and so will you.
- Goud has always exhibited a devilish irreverence for hierarchies, whether in art or in life.
- She speaks of God or the gods with a delightful irreverence that never approaches blasphemy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.