In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The plant material contains only the active isomers.
- In 1907, he synthesized a pair of geometric isomers that confirmed his predictions.
- Conjugated linoleic acid is a mixture of positional and geometric isomers of linoleic acid.
- There is evidence that tocopherol isomers differ from each other in their functional properties.
- However, several research groups have suggested cis isomers of lycopene are better absorbed than the all-trans form.
- An aromatic molecule containing two nitro groups will have three positional isomers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.