In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Standard BAL was then performed using three aliquots of 50-ml sterile isotonic saline.
- These properties are in agreement with recent experiments on the isotonic response of single muscle fibers carried out by Edman and Curtin.
- A good example of isotonic contraction would be free weight training.
- This exercise piece is specifically designed for isometric and isotonic neck muscle testing and exercise.
- The fluid that surrounds the body cells is isotonic.
- The existence of damped oscillations in the isotonic transient response of single muscle fibers therefore argues in favor of the oscillating regime.
- A graduated program of swimming and stationary bicycling, along with isometric, isotonic, and eccentric strengthening in the later stages is prescribed.
- Vasopressin continued to act in patients excreting isotonic or hypertonic urine, so hypotonic intake must be avoided in them.
- Any solutions, such as antibiotic or isotonic solution, should be included on the label.
- The purpose of this activity is to teach the students about osmosis and the effects of hypotonic, hypertonic, and isotonic solutions on animal cells.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.