In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Normally the proportion of the two isotopes of carbon is simply controlled by the rate of photosynthesis in plant tissues.
- The nuclei of the hydrogen isotopes are the proton, the deuteron, and the triton.
- Beta radiation is the emission of an electron from the nucleus of a radioactive isotope.
- Radioactive elements have different isotopes that decay at different rates.
- When uranium is bombarded with neutrons, the two isotopes have differing nuclear reactions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.