1Geographyistmo masculinethe Isthmus of Corinth — el istmo de Corinto
- Only one study to date has used calibration points from the fossil record to estimate the divergence of sister species distributed on both sides of the isthmus.
- The town in on the west side; on the north a narrow isthmus (neutral ground) connects the fortress with the mainland of Spain.
- In the south-east a narrow isthmus enlarges to a knot of salt ponds.
- At 20 miles long and four to eight miles wide, the isthmus connects central Greece with the Peloponnese peninsula.
- The British arrived almost a century ago to build the railroad that slices across the isthmus, linking the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean.
- The best way to cross the isthmus by land is to ride the historic Panama Canal Railway from Panama City to Colon.
- He goes over to where Paterson had started to direct construction of a great highway over the isthmus to the Pacific Ocean.
- The southern region is a narrow isthmus with hills running down the center.
- It is joined to the main island by a narrow isthmus.
- The narrow isthmus, heavily defended by the Turks, was their battlefield for the next eight months.
- The isthmus of Land's End was supposedly once connected to the Scilly Isles.
- Behind him was a narrow isthmus leading to Charlestown, and before him was his goal: the besieged city of Boston.
- The method diffused rapidly and initiatives developed up and down the Central American isthmus during the 1990s.
- The green is cleverly set into a tiny isthmus so that water surrounds three sides.
- It had once been an island city, but Alexander the Great had conquered it by building an isthmus from the mainland out to the island.
- Currently, the narrow isthmus of southern Armenia, which is squeezed from both sides by Azerbaijan has been officially considered a ‘borderline territory.’
- After the Darien experience, participatory mapping initiatives took root during the 1990s along the Central American isthmus.
- Land routes are really old, especially through isthmuses.
- The toll for crossing the isthmus could easily be a week's salary for a campesino.
- The cervix forms the lower third, connected by a narrow isthmus to the main muscular body of the uterus.
- It has 2 lobes, called the right lobe and the left lobe, joined by a narrow isthmus.
- It is usually attached to the isthmus on the left side of the median plane, but it may join either of the lateral lobes.
- The adult gland weighs 10-20 g and consists of two relatively flat oval lobes linked by an isthmus.
- Thoracic aortic injuries most often occur at the aortic isthmus in the majority of the cases.