In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(feeling irritation)I've got an itchy nose/scalp — me pica la nariz/la cabeza
- Other people report nosebleeds, itchy eyes, sore throats and headaches.
- You might scratch the skin because it is itchy due to eczema or psoriasis inside the ear.
- It can cause redness, discharge from the eye, swelling of the eyelid, and sore or itchy eyes.
- Their bloodsucking bite can cause itchy red welts to appear on the skin of their victims.
- I sneeze uncontrollably, my eyes puff up and the back of my mouth gets swollen and itchy.
- Moisturising bath and shower products may help if your skin is dry or itchy.
- I ate my dinner while he slept but then after dinner he woke up and was really itchy and had a full on rash all over his body.
- Both the rash and blisters will be itchy and usually appear on the body and face first.
- A common skin symptom of a food allergy is hives, or raised red itchy bumps on the skin.
- My skin is rather itchy as the area really has been covered up since last December.
- At this stage, my clients informed me that there was no soap suitable for their red, sore, itchy skin.
- Prickly heat is a very itchy red skin rash, causing a prickling or burning feeling.
- The telltale sign is the appearance of itchy patches of skin that flake or crack.
- It causes a red, itchy rash on the skin that appears first on the abdomen or back and face and then spreads to other parts of the body.
- An itchy rash appears around the fifth day of the disease and can last from four to seven days.
- Dry coughs occur when you have an itchy feeling in your throat.
- Head lice infection can cause an itchy head or neck, or a rash, which is often worse behind the ears or on the back of the neck.
- Commonly the skin around the ankles is affected, becoming speckled, itchy and inflamed.
- She says she has been feeling weak and giddy and has developed a widespread itchy skin rash.
- The skin becomes intensely itchy, so much so that the patient cannot resist the urge to scratch.
2(causing irritation)(material/garment) que pica
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.