In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(article)Business artículo masculinefeminine piezamasculine puntoI would like to order items 47 and 68 — desearía encargar / pedir los artículos 47 y 68
- many items at half price — muchos artículos a mitad de precio
- there were a large number of items on the agenda — había gran cantidad de puntos a tratar en el orden del día
- items of clothing — prendas de vestir
- items of furniture — muebles
- allergy to particular food items — alergia a determinados alimentos
- to be an item — ser una pareja
- The reasons for purchasing luxury items also differ slightly by gender.
- I'll kick things off by offering one of my own items for sale.
- The house is now a museum and displays many items belonging to the family.
- Now none of these are true collector's items and most need new parts.
- Clay utensils, items made of bamboo and coconut shell and handicraft items are also available here.
- Please note that all items for inclusion in these notes must be in by noon on Friday.
- We need to be reminded that poverty is the most expensive item on the agenda.
- Shareholders can use the opportunity to place items on the meeting agenda or to ask questions.
- Hannah paced through the busy crowds towards a small shop that sold every item of clothing under the sun.
- He would place an item on the agenda on an annual basis to keep the project before the public mind.
- In addition to our focus on paper, there are other items of interest.
- Each item of furniture was draped in white sheets and the windows were shuttered.
- Anyone wishing to donate saleable items to the auction can contact any of the following members to arrange collection.
- Rate the following items on a scale of 1 to 5.
- Donate the unwanted item to charity, as someone will certainly appreciate it.
- Who else is going to remove those dated food items from the shelves?
- You can add a launcher to your panel or add a menu item to your window manager menu.
- They have those menu items available in their restaurants.
- Sellers should always insist on a cashier's check, money order or certified check when selling a big-ticket item.
- Among the most picturesque items on display are the skilfully fashioned figures in pottery.
2masculine artículomasculine númeronews item — noticia feminine
- News items for inclusion in next week's issue can be forwarded to the usual phone number or address.
- Sometimes quite separate items of news from widely different places can appear to be connected.
- Speculation that David Beckham may be leaving Old Trafford becomes a front page news item.
- The second item of news went some way towards softening the blow of the first.
- But I don't agree that it should be the main item on the news night after night after night.
- The letters to the editor became a news item but only because the newspaper gave the issue a voice.
- Finally, if you like reading about odd items of news, do have a look here.
- The second item of news is that Europe has caught up considerably with the United States.
- You must have had a serious depletion of news items to have made this your front page story.
- When a story like this is promoted to the lead item on national news bulletins, you know that all perspective has gone out of the window.
- Think of the many promotional news items that will sprout on its pages and channels as a result.
- Even in hospital he worried about an item of news for the next issue of his paper.
- Neither the news item nor the editorial contain much more than anecdotes.
- The MEDALS Program Management Office posts news items pertaining to MEDALS where users may respond via an email hyperlink.
- The writer has dug up an item of news and presented it in a straightforward manner.
- On Sunday evening Holly expressed surprise that Rod's death was the lead item on the TV news.
- This news item was the headline news in all of the Hong Kong newspapers.
- The fight was still the lead item on the local news last night - and I live in Brooklyn.
- Yesterday, I saw an item on CNN Headline News that made me look around the net for some details.
- Journalists are the mechanism for converting a press release into a news item.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.