- Under the peace pact, known as the Marcoussis accord, that article was to be amended to allow for either parent to be Ivorian born.
- It's estimated 26 percent of Ivorian residents are of immigrant origin.
- The system of lagoons gives Ivorian commuters an alternative to overcrowded city buses.
- Bakayoko accused the dissidents of plotting further attacks in other northern Ivorian cities.
- Cowan says the high prices have so far been good for Ivorian farmers, despite the problems brought about by the fighting.