1torre de marfil feminine
- I'm not going to an ivory tower to write reports and articles for other academics.
- Rhythm and movement are everywhere in India, like air and water, and affect even the most prosaic shopkeeper in the bazaar or the academic in his ivory tower.
- Robbie Johnson had cornered a timid young lecturer and was educating him about the nature of the real world outside the ivory tower.
- His views are shaped by regular trips on the beat, recognising it is not enough to sit ‘in my ivory tower pontificating about the sociology of drug abuse’.
- Some of us would enjoy the ivory tower only too much, and there is plenty of self-interest on the part of academics who want to return to it.