- Raccoons, civets, jackals, badgers, skunks, and bears also eat fruit, honey, seeds, roots, and other plant foods.
- These forests are home to other unusual and endangered species, including the Asiatic jackal and silvered langur, many of which have also disappeared from Laos.
- Following on their heels are the predators of the savanna - lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena and vultures.
- Waldi warns us not to set up our beds outside the camp tonight as hyenas and jackals prowl this area.
- Canid rabies is commonly transmitted to cattle via the bite of carnivores such as jackals or dogs in Africa.
- There are 36 species of Canidae, including dogs, wolves, coyotes, jackals and foxes.
- No other animal species have so far died, but nature officials were worried that predators such as lions, vultures, jackals and hyena may feed off the flesh of the dead animals.
- Among cooperative breeders of certain other species, such as wolves and jackals, pups born in the same litter can be sired by different fathers.
- Burrows which have been abandoned may be used for shelter by bats, ground squirrels, hares, cats, civets, hyenas, jackals, porcupines, monitor lizards, owls and warthogs.
- Only five percent of mammals are thought to be socially monogamous, including gibbons, jackals, and tamarins.
- Meat was abundant, for those who could catch it or wrest it from the competition, i.e. leopards and lions, not to mention hyenas, jackals, and vultures.
- The savanna landscape supports a small antelope species called Grimm's duiker, side striped jackals, and rare birds including Denham's bustard.