In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in bingo, lottery, poker)bote masculinepozo masculine
- Take Powerball in the U.S. This game is a multi-state lottery and the jackpots have crept over the $300 million a few times (they have to pay tax so the take home is only half of that).
- The odds of winning the jackpot on the national lottery are one in nearly 14m.
- As sales have soared, NS&I has been able to increase the value of the prize fund to provide a second jackpot.
- There are wonderful cash prizes and jackpots on offer and a friendly atmosphere pertains.
- There are wonderful cash prizes and also two jackpots on offer.
- There are wonderful cash prizes and two jackpots on offer.
- Rumours are sweeping Cricklade that a lucky resident has scooped the lottery jackpot.
- So it caught our attention this week when the wife of a winner of one of the biggest single lottery jackpots ever awarded said she wished she had torn up that ticket.
- Because of the jackpot and the big prize money on offer, the Golden League attracts the best athletes in the world.
- Bingo continues next week at 8.30 pm with €1,380 in jackpots, cash on Raffle, €3,070 on offer.
- She rejects the argument that National Lottery jackpots are too large and should be capped at, say, #1m because of the way sales increase in rollover weeks.
- There are generous jackpots, wonderful cash prizes and a wonderful atmosphere for all lovers of the numbers game to enjoy.
- Fixed odds machines are high pay-out gaming machines offering jackpots of anything up to £500, and exchanges are when groups of people choose not to use a bookmaker and bet among themselves instead.
- Besides the jackpot there are five prizes of 40 each week and also prizes for promoters.
- LAS VEGAS - With slot floors looking more and more alike, casinos jockeying for the latest hot games are using another tool to woo gamblers: custom-designed jackpots.
- Plans for Las Vegas-style casinos and fruit machines with £1m jackpots were approved in the Commons, despite a revolt against the government scheme by Labour MPs.
- Colorful and inviting, this fantastic site offers a selection of fifty of the most popular casino games including ten progressive jackpots with a current value in excess of $530,000.
- Bingo halls will be able to offer much bigger jackpots and rollover prizes.
- There have been 11 unclaimed jackpots in the National Lottery's history.
- Three jackpot-shows are programmed for low-level, medium-level and high-level jackpots.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.