- Salvaged doors and windows housed in new jambs set up contrasts between new and old.
- The widths of original door and window jambs were calculated to fit the existing wall, and the addition of the new paneling makes the wall thicker by 1/4 ‘or more.’
- Extend window and door jambs as needed so they will be flush with the face of the new paneling.
- In addition to that, door seal kits include high-grade neoprene door jambs for the vertical sides and the top of the door.
- If the door still does not seal tightly to all sides of the jamb you either installed the weatherstripping badly or the door is bent and in need of replacement.