1níspero del Japón masculine
- A new shrub to our garden this year is the summer flowering Spiraea japonica Anthony Waterer which is still blooming here well into October.
- The Japanese quince, Chaenomeles japonica, is one of the more common spring flowering shrubs to be found in our gardens.
- Summer flower species such as Spiraea japonica flower on growth made in the current year.
- Catch up on the pruning and in particular the cutting back of spring-flowering shrubs such as Kerria japonica and winter jasmine.
- Underneath you could plant Mahonia japonica, a handsome all-year round shrub, with lily of the valley scented yellow flowers in early winter.