In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vaqueros masculinejeans masculinetejanos masculinebluyines masculine Andespantalones de mezclilla masculine Mexicoa pair of jeans — unos pantalones de mezclilla Mexico
- She was wearing blue denim jeans and a jacket, a long jumper and a small yellow metal ring decorated with bows.
- Zach was decked out in the same scruffy jeans he'd been wearing in the video.
- Liz was wearing the new jeans, boots and denim blouse she had got at Christmas.
- We had no money to buy fancy clothes, so we just used to wear our jeans because it was a lot cheaper.
- He was wearing a navy Polo shirt and slightly baggy jeans that looked quite good on him.
- I have spent the past week wearing black jeans that are just a bit snug for comfort.
- The girl wore a beige fake leather jacket, blue stone-washed jeans and white trainers.
- He had short hair, was clean shaven and was wearing a shirt, jacket, jeans and a white baseball cap.
- He was wearing blue denim jeans, trainers, a top possibly with white stripes and either a hat or a hood.
- He's wearing baggy jeans with loads of rips in and his normal black and red converse are on his feet.
- He was wearing blue denim jeans, a white shirt with blue stripes in a criss-cross pattern.
- Jamie was wearing a green sweater that brought out his jade eyes and a pair of faded denim jeans.
- Even in the casual jeans and turtle necked shirt that he wore she was almost certain of his identity.
- He was wearing black jeans with a rip on his left knee and a blue sweater.
- Below the top, she wore faded jeans and scuffed trainers, and held a burgundy jumper in her lap.
- She usually wears jeans, trainers and a black leather jacket and may be wearing glasses.
- Even a pair of jeans and a cotton shirt looks elegant and cool if it is clean and well ironed.
- He was wearing a black turtleneck and tight black jeans, making him look even thinner than he was.
- She testified that he was wearing blue acid washed jeans and was not wearing a shirt.
- One had short blond hair and wore a blue, hooded sports jacket, dark jeans and white trainers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.