In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vaqueros masculinejeans masculinetejanos masculinebluyines masculine Andespantalones de mezclilla masculine Mexicoa pair of jeans — unos bluyines Andes
- Zach was decked out in the same scruffy jeans he'd been wearing in the video.
- He was wearing a navy Polo shirt and slightly baggy jeans that looked quite good on him.
- He was wearing blue denim jeans, trainers, a top possibly with white stripes and either a hat or a hood.
- She usually wears jeans, trainers and a black leather jacket and may be wearing glasses.
- He's wearing baggy jeans with loads of rips in and his normal black and red converse are on his feet.
- The girl wore a beige fake leather jacket, blue stone-washed jeans and white trainers.
- She was wearing blue denim jeans and a jacket, a long jumper and a small yellow metal ring decorated with bows.
- We had no money to buy fancy clothes, so we just used to wear our jeans because it was a lot cheaper.
- I have spent the past week wearing black jeans that are just a bit snug for comfort.
- One had short blond hair and wore a blue, hooded sports jacket, dark jeans and white trainers.
- Liz was wearing the new jeans, boots and denim blouse she had got at Christmas.
- She testified that he was wearing blue acid washed jeans and was not wearing a shirt.
- Even a pair of jeans and a cotton shirt looks elegant and cool if it is clean and well ironed.
- Jamie was wearing a green sweater that brought out his jade eyes and a pair of faded denim jeans.
- He was wearing black jeans with a rip on his left knee and a blue sweater.
- He was wearing blue denim jeans, a white shirt with blue stripes in a criss-cross pattern.
- He was wearing a black turtleneck and tight black jeans, making him look even thinner than he was.
- He had short hair, was clean shaven and was wearing a shirt, jacket, jeans and a white baseball cap.
- Below the top, she wore faded jeans and scuffed trainers, and held a burgundy jumper in her lap.
- Even in the casual jeans and turtle necked shirt that he wore she was almost certain of his identity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.