In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The past craze for leggings has been replaced by this year's trend for jeggings, close-fitting leggings made of fabric that resembles denim in appearance.
- Skintight leggings and their denim hybrid, known as jeggings, were key for the looks of Russell Brand, Pete Doherty and Agyness Deyn.
- Chances are, if you do not find skinny jeans or leggings a flattering choice for your figure, you won't find jeggings flattering either.
- I toddled off to the changing rooms with a pair of black jeggings over my arm.
- Staying comfortably ahead of the fashion pack, Nicola Roberts plumped for a pair of on-trend jeggings today.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.