- These Old Testament believers are pronouncing their longing for vindication and judgment in the name of Jehovah the righteous one, and in vivid poetic language.
- Medieval and Reformation theologians popularized the name in the form Jehovah and often used it to designate the one divine essence common to the three persons of the Holy Trinity.
- Many people, including Christians, want to make a sharp distinction between the vengeful Jehovah of the Old Testament and the ultra-merciful Jesus of the New Testament.
- Saul was a devout Jew, a Pharisee, a teacher of the law, a member of the Sanhedrin, a believer in the Jehovah of Israel and looked for the coming Messiah.
- In the Cabala, the Quaternical system is the Tetragrammaton, the four-letter name of God, commonly pronounced Yahweh or Jehovah.