In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(sports shirt)camiseta feminine
- The coffin was draped with the Kilkenny jersey and the Galmoy jersey.
- The new jerseys were the blue and white striped jersey, the colours that the teams still play in.
- Suede also proved that urban fashion isn't always about baggy jeans, jerseys and Snoop Dogg.
- A skinny white thug in a Lakers jersey lunged in my direction with a purpose.
- He was wondering why no one had noticed that he liked to wear long sleeves under his jersey.
- The other is for touch football jerseys, which give an authentic athletic look, but are a good cut for streetwear.
- A dress code had been in operation at the pub for eight years banning tracksuits, runners and football jerseys specifically.
- I must have looked strange to them, dressed as I was in a football jersey and torn jeans, Converse All-Stars on my feet.
- The reason why Limerick's squad was so depleted was due to a growing injury list and they simply hadn't the bodies to fill the subs jerseys.
- Do they simply add them to their jersey pockets or do they attach them to their bodies under their jerseys?
- He pulled on the jeans and the jersey, and then grabbed his red baseball cap from where it was sitting, on his stereo.
- If you're on a team, and required to wear identical jerseys, don't neglect to bring matching jerseys.
- Itto was in one of his red football jerseys and jeans, he was lounged out on the couch watching cartoons.
- The referee didn't allow them to play as both the jerseys looked alike under yellow light.
- Rock had worn his new jersey and he'd bought himself a new Red Sox hat, offering to buy Ally one too.
- Mark Rice was consistently weaving through the purple jerseys and supplied St. Paul's with plenty of ammunition.
- Although Dad is taking neither a Wallabies jersey or footy jumper to wear at the game.
- For sportswear firms the replica jersey market is a huge earner.
- I was merely commenting how superior the Assos jersey seemed, compared to the other jerseys in my burgeoning collection.
- She didn't look up, but saw it was a guy wearing a hockey jersey and tracksuit pants was the offender.
1.2(fabric)jersey masculinetejido de punto masculinea wool jersey dress — un vestido de punto de lana Spain
- The Harmattan, the seasonal desert wind, blew constantly, a sharp chill keeping us in long trousers and jerseys even by day.
- I brought a range of things from dresses to mini skirts to tank tops to trousers and jerseys.
- The fabrics for spring are satin, jersey, chiffon and lace, turning up in every category from street wear to evening wear.
- The fabrics are understated, using simple knits, jersey cotton and moleskins.
- The tanned, trim body was wearing a blue-and-white striped jersey with the sleeves pushed up and gabardine pants.
- She's very realistic, she's got real hair and she's wearing a little pinafore and a jersey and so she's a very normal little girl.
- I wiped the smile right off her face, she says, like she used to wipe her school slate clean with a bit of spit and an unwinding jersey sleeve.
- Underneath I wore either a short sleeve or long sleeve jersey while cycling or a turtle neck shirt during leisure wear.
- On top of their sweaters the students pulled on coloured checkered jerseys.
- Plain suiting and tweed is teamed with slick, shiny leather and fine jersey tops.
- Knit fabrics are available in a wide variety of styles and textures - from sporty to elegant, jersey to velour.
- I then tramped downstairs, still in my hockey jersey, my jeans and my Converse.
- I answered, clutching at the hem of my oversized jersey as a cold draft blew around my exposed legs.
- The jersey fabric flatters and leaves you room to move, thanks to a small dose of Lycra.
- She settles on insulated booties, oversize pedals, and a clear slicker, which she slips over her jersey.
- Fabrics offer luxurious style in rich velvets, sheer chiffon, shiny satin and slinky jerseys.
- Stretch shiny silk satin, light stretch silk twill, jersey, nylon taffeta, and leather dominate the collection.
- When I moved my trade show uniform from an ottoman rib to a jersey knit, he adjusted the tape to make the new shirts look better than the old ones.
- By 6 pm, the Coast Guard team arrived with Charles' body, which was clad in a red jersey and black trousers.
- Glove-fit suede, plonge lamb and leopard combined with crepe, jersey and silk chiffon were also introduced.
- Tops work both day and night whether you chose fine zig zag knits or super smooth jersey.
- One man was dressed in a grey jersey, three-quarter jeans and carried a shotgun.
- Jessica had pulled her jeans on over top of her pajama pants, and wore a baggy jersey, all of which was dripping.
- Trouser suits and jersey knit tops are key items in what she calls her seasonal capsule wardrobe of significant items.
- North-eastern Division police, who were then alerted, said the body was clad in a brown jersey and black short pants.
- There is a pale colour printed viscose jersey T-shirt dress that is very easy to wear.
- She wore denim jeans, a sky blue cotton jersey with navy blue sleeves, and a beaded necklace.
- If it is not that cold, a jersey dress made of soft warm jersey would be wonderful, over your wool stockings and under your warm coat.
- Virtually all the customers are men in grey wool jerseys; most have red suspenders.
- I've resorted to thermal underwear, several layers of jerseys, winter stockings and a polar fleece jacket.
- Not wanting to miss out, I pick an item at random - a nice red dress made of classic jersey, or possibly cashmere - and clap vigorously.
- Jeneane from Calgary made the latest pattern from Loes Hinse in red cotton Lycra jersey.
- The top, though long enough to cover the waist of the pants, was of jersey material, which meant a constant pulling down.
- The man also wore a mustard coloured jersey or cardigan, a white shirt with thin, dark vertical lines and a fourteen and a half collar.
- I love working with jersey fabrics because it's easy to wear and comfortably drapes over a women's frame.
- He tugged a woolen jersey from his pack and pulled it on.
- Cotton flannel or jersey sheets are another healthy option because they're not treated with chemicals.
2.1Jersey(la isla de) Jersey
2.2also Jersey(cattle)raza de ganado vacuno Jersey
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.