In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He did, however, encourage new orders such as the Jesuits, Barnabites and Ursulines.
- There are separate church procedures in Melbourne and for any complaints against priests of the Jesuit order.
- In the June table of contents, we miscalculated the age of the Jesuit order of priests.
- The royal children would have been handed over to the Jesuits for education, led by the gentle and intelligent Father Garnet.
- The Society of Jesus, the Jesuits, was among the most prominent of these new orders.
- The Christian mission led by the Jesuits arrived at a messy time in Chinese history.
- History tells us that in the sixteenth century Ignatius Loyola decreed that henceforth all priests of the Jesuit order must wear a collar.
- This book is an anthology of personal prayers by Jesuits from the Society's beginning down to the present day.
- The Pope sacrificed the Jesuits in order to appease neighbouring rulers.
- Kino was an Italian Jesuit missionary who ministered in California and the Southwest.
- There are 203 Jesuits, including priests, brothers and scholastics, in Ireland.
- Tonight at dinner in my community I will mention this to my brother Jesuits.
- Some of it pertains strictly to the needs and history of the Jesuits, but in other ways it speaks to the church as a whole.
- The missionary Jesuit order developed a speciality in clinical depictions of torturous martyrdoms.
- The founder of the Jesuits, Ignatius Loyola, must be seen as a key player during it.
- What Jesuit higher education was is clear, but all the authors reject a return to the past.
- The Jesuits quickly restored religious zeal among believers in southern Europe.
- In some ways they were only doing what the Jesuits and other Catholics had done for 150 years.
- More troubling was the Jesuits ' lack of academic grounding in the new disciplines.
- The most successful of the new orders was the Jesuits founded by Loyola.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.