In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1joyero masculinejoyera femininea jeweler's (shop) — una joyería
- before noun jeweler's rouge — colcótar
- In 1736 Calderwood married Elinor Streeter, widow of the jeweller and lapidary William Streeter.
- There have been complaints from Madurai about lack of assured purity in gold jewels sold by some jewellers.
- Surprisingly, Mr Marchant said it was not uncommon for jewellers to transport precious stones in this seemingly casual way.
- In 1992 the company severed its family ties and was sold to the London jeweller Asprey.
- She sells them to a jeweller in Turkey where a handsome diplomat (Vittorio de Sica) buys them.
- The store is occupied by the luxury jeweller Asprey, which sold it in a sale and leaseback deal for over €16 million.
- Into this walks Frederic Montague, a jeweller and purveyor of precious stones who is invited to stay.
- On the one hand, for instance, Al Fayed says the couple visited a jewellers and chose an engagement ring.
- When the jeweller put the ear-rings back in the display, he felt Calvert pressing against his back.
- He said there should be a deliberate policy to compel gemstone companies to sell part of their produce to local jewellers.
- A Sligo jeweller has agreed to sell up to 2,000 pieces of jewellery over the next year that will raise money for Concern.
- The gang burst into Preston's jewellers in Yorkshire Street as staff were closing the shop on Friday 4 November.
- Whoever had the receipt owned the jewellery back in the jewellers.
- If I brought it to a jeweller in Ireland who sells Tag Heuer would they give me a refund or even a credit note?
- Many of the jewellers are also presenting hall-marked jewellery items.
- Reports have stated that Scott had taken quite a bit of Laci's jewelry to a jeweler for some unknown reason.
- And so it was that we arrived outside Parkhouse & Wyatt, the jewellers on Above Bar Street.
- The best known name is Rene Lalique, a jeweler and glassmaker.
- She returns them to M. Rémy, the jeweler who initially sold them to her husband.
- They advise potential investors to deal only with reputable jewellers and dealers who have been in the business for a long time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.