In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1botalón de foque masculine
- Hovering over the jib boom you see two large anchors lying on deck.
- She was still scarred after her encounters with icebergs so proper repairs to her jury-rigged jib boom were a top priority.
- That pressure also flows to the slave cylinder to provide additional lifting force to the jib boom.
- Despite the weather, the ship's two carpenters were busy and by the 26th they were able to replace the jib boom.
- The 7-ton crane can handle 600 pounds at full extension of the jib boom at 82 feet, or 2500 pounds at 60 feet.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.