In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sobre acolchado masculine
- Before you buy the Jiffy bag and stamps and queue up at the post office, take a moment to answer the following questions.
- Pick up the phone early one day, and it will come through your door in a Jiffy bag the next, in tip - top condition.
- And for designer purchases, buy a Jiffy bag and mail them home.
- If you'd like a cake, give me your address and I'll pop one in a Jiffy bag for you.
- When I got home today, a small Jiffy bag was waiting for me.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.