- Some of these places include uninhabited sites, places where an array of spirit beings including jinn and ghosts are believed to reside.
- Many Muslims believe in jinns, spirits who can change shape and be either visible or invisible.
- As he watched Sophia dance, Muammar wondered if the others dancing with her were only jinns, evil spirits.
- These spirits, or jinns, can be either good or evil.
- Fearing that the jinn had possessed her, her mother took her to an exorcist, a middle age man who confirmed that the girl was indeed possessed.