In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1desempleadosin trabajoen paro Spaincesante Chile
- Also, workers laid off from part-time jobs should be eligible for jobless benefits.
- Germany's comparatively high jobless figure is also a reflection of the way the country compiles its data.
- And while we see our economy recovering slowly, it's a jobless recovery.
- Well over 10 million people were jobless in the face of savage inflation.
- And as anyone who has found herself jobless knows, it was a rough landing.
- The weekly jobless claims this week came in lower than expected.
- The truth is that Europeans like early retirement, high jobless benefits and long vacations.
- Her second daughter was also infected but recovered and has been jobless ever since.
- A similar result was recorded in Tasmania, where the jobless rate rose to 8.5 per cent.
- Being jobless, I used to attend all the meetings of the Cultural conference.
- According to the Labor Department, 8,594,000 workers are officially jobless.
- Live registers figures for March show that there are now over 1000 people jobless in Listowel.
- Russell intends to leave him jobless for a while.
- Millions in the armed services found themselves jobless between 1955 and 1960.
- The jobless figures indicate that the current economic upturn has a quite peculiar character.
- Miami, Florida, with a 7.4 percent jobless rate, had the second highest in the nation.
- She also noted that as a result of restructuring and retrenchments, a lot of people had been left jobless.
- In the last 13 years, 13 prominent units have closed down, rendering 10,000 people jobless.
- She was left jobless, with a child to take care of.
- The advent of safety razors has rendered local barbers jobless.
1the jobless — los cesantes Chile
- before noun the jobless total — el número total de cesantes
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.