In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1desempleadosin trabajoen paro Spaincesante Chile
1the jobless — los desempleados / desocupados
- before noun the jobless total — el número total de parados
- According to the Labor Department, 8,594,000 workers are officially jobless.
- Her second daughter was also infected but recovered and has been jobless ever since.
- And as anyone who has found herself jobless knows, it was a rough landing.
- In the last 13 years, 13 prominent units have closed down, rendering 10,000 people jobless.
- Russell intends to leave him jobless for a while.
- Miami, Florida, with a 7.4 percent jobless rate, had the second highest in the nation.
- Also, workers laid off from part-time jobs should be eligible for jobless benefits.
- And while we see our economy recovering slowly, it's a jobless recovery.
- She also noted that as a result of restructuring and retrenchments, a lot of people had been left jobless.
- The weekly jobless claims this week came in lower than expected.
- Millions in the armed services found themselves jobless between 1955 and 1960.
- A similar result was recorded in Tasmania, where the jobless rate rose to 8.5 per cent.
- Germany's comparatively high jobless figure is also a reflection of the way the country compiles its data.
- Live registers figures for March show that there are now over 1000 people jobless in Listowel.
- She was left jobless, with a child to take care of.
- The truth is that Europeans like early retirement, high jobless benefits and long vacations.
- The advent of safety razors has rendered local barbers jobless.
- The jobless figures indicate that the current economic upturn has a quite peculiar character.
- Well over 10 million people were jobless in the face of savage inflation.
- Being jobless, I used to attend all the meetings of the Cultural conference.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.