1pez de San Pedro masculine
- Big female cuckoo wrasse, pollack, several bib and a John Dory were all I could see, although my view was slightly obscured by several fronds of kelp.
- Another diver in the party spotted a John Dory, and these appear to be quite common in the area.
- All I knew about the boarfish was that it resembled a John Dory, and was rarely seen - probably because, as most marine life books agree, it lives at depths of 100-400m!
- When photographing a John Dory I have usually tried to get the standard side-on profile shot.
- The alternative story is that St Peter threw a John Dory back into the sea after it had engaged his sympathy by making distressed noises.