In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1viga femininevigueta feminine
- These strips, or tracks, are attached to the ceiling joists and support the tiles.
- Otherwise, wood furring strips can be nailed to the old ceiling or joists and the new tiles are stapled to these.
- Kip chose oriented strand board for the subfloors and sheathing, with floor joists made of a similar material.
- Often, reflective insulation materials have flanges that are to be stapled to joists in attics or floors, or to wall studs.
- Reflective systems are typically located between roof rafters, floor joists, or wall studs.
- Determine the height of the new ceiling you want and install new ceiling joists from opposite roof joists.
- Do not step through attic floor joists onto the ceiling of the room below.
- Use plywood walk boards or wooden planks over the ceiling joists for support.
- Then toenail the joist through the joist into the girder.
- The two adjustable arms attach to the ceiling joists to support the fan in the desired location.
- It's ok to nail the upper wall plates into the upper floor joists.
- Attach a block to each of the exposed joists where the joist meets the deck board using four 3-in. #8 exterior screws.
- Suspended ceilings are hung from the ceiling joists with a metal grid.
- There was nothing spectacular about the construction, the walls were brick and the ceiling joists heavy timber.
- Otherwise, wood furring strips are first nailed to the old ceiling or joists and the new files are stapled to these.
- If you are unable to screw directly into the ceiling joists, the use of toggle bolts is permitted.
- Ledgers are often placed at the same level as the floor joists of the first floor, and this automatically solves the problem.
- If your attic has metal joists, you may want to place rigid foam insulation between the joists and the ceiling drywall.
- Painted metal decking supported by steel joists forms its underside.
- Batts are made to fit between the studs in your walls or between the joists of your ceilings or floors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.