In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1viga femininevigueta feminine
- Determine the height of the new ceiling you want and install new ceiling joists from opposite roof joists.
- The two adjustable arms attach to the ceiling joists to support the fan in the desired location.
- Attach a block to each of the exposed joists where the joist meets the deck board using four 3-in. #8 exterior screws.
- Otherwise, wood furring strips can be nailed to the old ceiling or joists and the new tiles are stapled to these.
- Often, reflective insulation materials have flanges that are to be stapled to joists in attics or floors, or to wall studs.
- Otherwise, wood furring strips are first nailed to the old ceiling or joists and the new files are stapled to these.
- Suspended ceilings are hung from the ceiling joists with a metal grid.
- Painted metal decking supported by steel joists forms its underside.
- Batts are made to fit between the studs in your walls or between the joists of your ceilings or floors.
- These strips, or tracks, are attached to the ceiling joists and support the tiles.
- Use plywood walk boards or wooden planks over the ceiling joists for support.
- Kip chose oriented strand board for the subfloors and sheathing, with floor joists made of a similar material.
- There was nothing spectacular about the construction, the walls were brick and the ceiling joists heavy timber.
- Do not step through attic floor joists onto the ceiling of the room below.
- If you are unable to screw directly into the ceiling joists, the use of toggle bolts is permitted.
- It's ok to nail the upper wall plates into the upper floor joists.
- Ledgers are often placed at the same level as the floor joists of the first floor, and this automatically solves the problem.
- Reflective systems are typically located between roof rafters, floor joists, or wall studs.
- If your attic has metal joists, you may want to place rigid foam insulation between the joists and the ceiling drywall.
- Then toenail the joist through the joist into the girder.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.