In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Aviationpalanca de mando feminine
- The XL2's handling is quick with conventional joysticks for roll and pitch, but not so brisk as to be touchy.
- The computers get their marching orders from the pilot by means of a pair of joysticks, but they won't wait for the pilot's slow reflexes to kick in before taking any necessary corrective action.
- Abruptly, he pushes forward on the joystick again and the glider drops.
- Pilots use two keyboards and a joystick to fly the craft, and they have to learn the key strokes similar to the old DOS commands of first generation computers.
- Shields took co-pilot, and once he strapped in, Mitchell pulled back on the joystick, lifting the helicopter off the ground.
- The joystick allows the winchman to adjust the position of the aircraft in regard to the rescuees.
- A conventional joystick controls pitch and roll, and the rudder pedals are large and effective.
- But I pulled the wrong thing, instead of the throttle I tilted the joystick.
- The pilot straps himself to this bulky rig in a standing position, controlling it with joysticks during vertical takeoff and landing - or VTOL, as we say in the hover biz.
- While it's possible to run most of today's sims from the keyboard, their realism improves dramatically with a joystick.
- The investigators have recommended the removal of dual control joysticks for all non-training flights.
- As Fox twisted a joystick the plane tilted; a blue arrow showed the part of the lift that was directed inwards.
- It was a tandem-seated airplane with a control wheel up front and a joystick in the back.
- He gritted his teeth and wrestled with the joystick in a vain effort to regain control of his crippled craft.
- Target acquisition is achieved by using the joystick to steer the sight manually or with automatic tracking.
- The pilot flies using a pair of joysticks that control the engines on the aircraft, which made its maiden voyage in December 2001.
2Computing Electronicsmando masculinejoystick masculine
- Let a child play a computer game with a joystick and he will go on for hours.
- You may recall that rotary joysticks have handles that rotate to 12 different positions, designed for aiming in certain games.
- Computer games allow joysticks and controllers to change a point of view in response to player actions.
- Other methods of control include keyboard and joystick and all methods are fully customizable.
- Everyone who has a computer has a keyboard, but not everyone has a joystick or gamepad.
- The game can be played entirely with cursor keys, but joysticks and gamepads also are supported.
- But sports titles, racing games, fighting games and certain types of flying games work better with gamepads, simple joysticks and wheels.
- In contrast, other devices available in the market cannot compete with the simplicity and total control that these joysticks have to offer.
- For a game that supports the mouse, the menu screen forces you to use a gamepad / joystick or keyboard to navigate.
- Until now, the only way to delve deeper into a screen is to push forward on a control pad or joystick, or to move a mouse forward.
- The joystick also controls playback: nudge it up for play/pause, down for stop.
- When it comes to choosing a joystick for your computer, there's really nothing like getting into the shops and getting a bit of hands-on experience.
- There is no reason to initialize the joystick or CD-ROM if you are not going to use them.
- In another section of customs violations - under-declared value - quite recently customs officers managed to disclose a case with imports of computer joysticks.
- You can opt to use a joystick or keyboard but the default is using a mouse and I found it more than adequate in handling the game's action.
- Personally, I prefer the joystick, on a game controller, on the left.
- While there is the ability to use a joystick, the keyboard is a better choice to let you pull some hot skate moves.
- The controls can be mapped to the mouse, a joystick or a gamepad.
- And all I ever wanted was for my life to mirror that of all the grand adventures I ever read about or directed with a joystick or keyboard.
- I have the option of controlling with keyboard, joystick, mouse, gamepad, or wheel.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.