In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- So that is part of my cultural heritage, but I never practised Judaism as a religious way.
- Morrie was so unmistakably Jewish and yet so far removed from Judaism; so close and yet so far.
- Although I felt drawn to the drama and the mystery of Judaism, other aspects pushed me away.
- She tried to build our core Jewish values by informing herself about Judaism.
- For me, it is a statement to myself and to others of my commitment to Judaism and the Jewish people.
- It was a bit strange that the very person who was bringing them closer to Judaism wasn't Jewish.
- Sacrifices were part and parcel of ancient religion, including Judaism.
- She felt the girls needed some sort of religious upbringing and Judaism seemed to be the most sensible to her.
- The interviewee began to study with a rabbi and to consider conversion to Judaism.
- It has already been proven that much can be done to reconnect Jews on campus to Judaism.
- I went on a trip to Israel to learn more about Judaism from an adult perspective.
- Someone who isn't born a Jew can convert to Judaism, but it is not easy to do so.
- In Judaism, Shabbat represents our opportunity to enjoy all the classes of pleasure in one day.
- Some religions such as Judaism and Christianity are based on a creation story where time begins in the act of creation.
- Islam, Christianity and Judaism are the predominant religions in Tunisia.
- Also, after about two years of learning about Judaism I decided to study to become a Jew.
- So, I started searching for the truth about Judaism and where I belonged in my religion.
- Traditional values that Judaism shares with other religions are also at play.
- Israel is inseparable from Judaism, the religious beliefs and heritage of its people.
- Historic Judaism was a command religion with laws covering every detail of life.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.