In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There thus exists the possibility of conflicting judicial opinion at the highest level.
- I would take judicial notice of that and would expect justices to do the same.
- As I have already pointed out, this is not the position in the case of a judicial development of the law.
- There is now clear judicial authority as to how overall bias is to be judged.
- The judicial decision ought to provide the best answer not a range of alternative answers.
- This measure flies in the face of judicial efforts to insist on disclosure of evidence.
- It would be an abuse of the judicial process to allow proceedings to be repetitive.
- The next day, he promised a judicial inquiry into the cause of the accident.
- Such fairness demands a fair judicial process administered by an impartial judiciary.
- The intention in such cases is that there shall be a judicial inquiry worked out in a judicial manner.
- The first question is whether at the time of the negligent act or omission a judicial process existed.
- In such a situation, the grant of judicial power to provincial appointees is valid.
- Judicial protection in Punjab improved and many people were using the judicial system.
- It would thus be expensive both to the parties and to the resources of the judicial system.
- It is achieved by a conventional process of judicial construction of legislation.
- This mental torment may become acute when the judicial verdict is finally set against the accused.
- These days judges read academic articles as part of their ordinary judicial activity.
- These statutory changes took place in a period of judicial activism in this area which had relaxed the law.
- They are part of the process of judicial interpretation of the law, which is a developing process.
- The Constitution will give it a common foreign policy and a common judicial system.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.