In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)recurso de inconstitucionalidad masculine
- The power of judicial review has allowed the Supreme Court to protect civil liberties within America.
- The power of judicial review derives not from the Constitution, which contains no explicit reference to this authority, but from a series of cases dating back to the late 1700s.
- Accordingly, I do not consider this to be a case for granting permission for judicial review.
- A public inquiry and judicial review is awaited and a housing market crash looms ever closer.
- It is a review function, very similar to that of the court on judicial review.
- There are three applications for judicial review before the court.
- The court ruling followed a judicial review which was granted to the lobby group in October.
- The applicant now challenges by way of judicial review the grant of planning permission to the Trustees.
- Drafting points such as these are important but do not justify judicial review of the order.
- Barristers have drawn up a legal opinion setting out a test case for a high court judicial review of the government's position.
- Quite often in these sorts of matters in the past we have had judicial reviews of decisions.
- It should properly have been raised by an application for judicial review in the High Court.
- Lord Falconer said failed asylum seekers would no longer be able to appeal to the High Court or through judicial reviews.
- Ministers are drawing up plans to allow TV cameras to film appeal court hearings, judicial reviews and Lords hearings.
- There are before the court two applications for judicial review which both raise the same issue.
- The council said it would not pursue legal costs against parents who sought a judicial review on the closure.
- This strategy uses the procedure called judicial review, and is a public law matter.
- In judicial review, the unsuccessful party may be ordered to pay the costs of the other side.
- Two years ago, British ministers unveiled plans to allow TV cameras to film appeal court hearings and judicial reviews.
- The legal battle involved a public inquiry and two judicial reviews.
- Local authorities must get tough and seek judicial reviews where they think that health authorities have given their taxpayers a raw deal.
- Parents fighting to save a primary school from closure have lodged an application for a judicial review.
control de la legalidad de una sentencia judicial o un acto administrativo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.