1(in US)recurso de inconstitucionalidad masculine
- The power of judicial review derives not from the Constitution, which contains no explicit reference to this authority, but from a series of cases dating back to the late 1700s.
- The power of judicial review has allowed the Supreme Court to protect civil liberties within America.
2control de la legalidad de una sentencia judicial o un acto administrativo
- Ministers are drawing up plans to allow TV cameras to film appeal court hearings, judicial reviews and Lords hearings.
- Two years ago, British ministers unveiled plans to allow TV cameras to film appeal court hearings and judicial reviews.
- Parents fighting to save a primary school from closure have lodged an application for a judicial review.
- The applicant now challenges by way of judicial review the grant of planning permission to the Trustees.
- Drafting points such as these are important but do not justify judicial review of the order.
- There are three applications for judicial review before the court.
- Lord Falconer said failed asylum seekers would no longer be able to appeal to the High Court or through judicial reviews.
- A public inquiry and judicial review is awaited and a housing market crash looms ever closer.
- Barristers have drawn up a legal opinion setting out a test case for a high court judicial review of the government's position.
- Accordingly, I do not consider this to be a case for granting permission for judicial review.
- The legal battle involved a public inquiry and two judicial reviews.
- The court ruling followed a judicial review which was granted to the lobby group in October.
- Quite often in these sorts of matters in the past we have had judicial reviews of decisions.
- In judicial review, the unsuccessful party may be ordered to pay the costs of the other side.
- The council said it would not pursue legal costs against parents who sought a judicial review on the closure.
- It should properly have been raised by an application for judicial review in the High Court.
- Local authorities must get tough and seek judicial reviews where they think that health authorities have given their taxpayers a raw deal.
- This strategy uses the procedure called judicial review, and is a public law matter.
- There are before the court two applications for judicial review which both raise the same issue.
- It is a review function, very similar to that of the court on judicial review.