In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He is undermining the credibility and independence of the judiciary, and for what?
- The consideration of public interest has caused some problems for the judiciary.
- In some jurisdictions, the judiciary are provided with the resources to run the courts.
- In this and other respects, much depends on the response of the national judiciary.
- In my view, the judiciary has no right to expect that it should escape scrutiny or comment.
- It is a role which, as a result of their accumulated experience, the judiciary is well qualified to perform.
- We tamper with the independence of the judiciary at the peril of our cherished freedoms.
- This can give rise to substantial queries over the independence and impartiality of the judiciary.
- The previously existing institutions, save for the judiciary, were disbanded.
- We will never have successful police reform as long as the judiciary is and is perceived to be corrupt.
- Such choices are made by the judiciary at the point where the law stops.
- Why did the public part of the event not include responses from the judiciary?
- Yet geography and professionalization of the judiciary have affected the status of the judges.
- Owing to high court costs, many people cannot afford to turn to the judiciary to vindicate their rights.
- The convention of ministerial responsibility is not enforced by the judiciary.
- The submission also urged ministers to ditch plans by which they would no longer be accountable to the judiciary.
- With unprecedented frankness, they speak of the government's contempt for the judiciary.
- The costs grid has been the subject of comment among the bar and the judiciary.
- That will raise legitimate concerns about the independence of the judiciary.
- The job of the judiciary is to interpret the law, but this was no mere interpretation.
2(arm of government)poder judicial masculine
3(legal system)sistema jurídico masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.