In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The centre is used for ju-jitsu, judo, wing chun, bowls, dancing, a dog club, a car club, a playschool and by a majorette troupe.
- The Chinese kempo and Japanese ju-jutsu differ materially in their methods.
- In addition to jiu-jitsu he started sparring with professional kickboxers and elite-level wrestlers.
- Smith has studied martial arts for 18 years, concentrating exclusively on ju-jitsu for the last 14 years and has trained all over Europe.
- In the martial art of ju-jitsu, the less powerful uses the strength of the aggressor to immobilize them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.