In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hacer arrancar un coche ya sea empujándolo o haciendo un puente
- The first thing you want to remember when jump-starting a car is that a slight possibility of explosion does exist.
- A surprising number of optic injuries are caused by bungee cords, sparks from using tools or jump-starting a car, or from flying champagne corks.
- He was actually really nice, the way he offered to try to jump-start the car.
- Have you ever been able to jump-start a car that seemed to crank OK but wouldn't start on its own?
- The omens didn't look good when the intrepid explorers had to jump-start their old bangers to reach the end of the street.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.