In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Television Cinemasalto masculine
- There's a jump-cut from the boy stealing his father's car to the moment three days later when his body is found in the water.
- Presented in black-and-white documentary-style, with jumpcuts and hand-held shots, the spot dissolves to quick cuts from Ryan's speech before the Trumbull County organization.
- They stand alone, but can also be experienced as a lightning-quick montage of jumpcuts.
- Slick dramatic lighting and a varied, enjoyable color design smooth out the film's disjointing plot jump-cuts and occasional coincidences.
- We used a lot of jump-cuts and flash-cuts because thoughts happen that way - they come and go suddenly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.